$26,000 (with an additional $3000 to attend & work during our in-person Professional Days and Fall Conference)
Remote (except for Professional Days and Fall Conference)
Part time, non-exempt
Reports to: LREDA President (or designate)
Hours and schedule: 20 hours per week (average) @$25/hour; hours are flexible and vary throughout the year
Salary: $26,000 with an additional stipend of $3000 to attend and work during our in-person Professional Days and Fall Conference
Location: Remote except for conferences and professional days
Status: Part time, non exempt
Date created or revised: August 2021
Deadline: September 15, 2021
Apply: Please send cover letter and email to email@example.com
LREDA’s Administrator is the organizational point person for LREDA.
Works collegially with staff, Board and LREDA members to implement LREDA’s mission: to support LREDA in creating a world guided by love, justice, and equity, through advocating for and supporting professional religious educators; advancing the field of Unitarian Universalist faith development; engaging in the transformative power of shared ministry, and challenging systems of oppression.
Manages communications (website and social media), LREDA database, and membership. Provides member support/point of first contact, continental event support, and administrative support to the Board of Trustees. Maintains management systems and office procedures.
- Is the primary welcoming presence for LREDA through all and any current day platforms
- Maintains the website
- Provides administrative support to LREDA Board including minutes, monthly newsletters and zoom meetings
- Utilizes LREDA’s membership database efficiently as well as google suite: enters new people, maintains Membership data, updates data new groups/chapters, and teaches LREDA members, especially chapter leaders, how to access and use the database.
- Executes monthly communication with LREDA membership both leaders and participants, in partnership with staff and the Board
- Plans, creates and posts weekly virtual communications and flyers on appropriate platforms (graphic design and facility with Canva are preferred).
- Posts events on LREDA’s electronic calendar and website
- Develops and manages all registrations for LREDA events as necessary
- Works collegially with other staff members to advance LREDA’s mission
- Prepares, secures and maintains Letters of Agreement for LREDA cons and professional days presenters, following up as necessary and consistently.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establishes and maintains relationships with LREDA members building appropriate rapport; considers the impact of actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles.
- Organizational Knowledge: Knowledgeable about how organizational communication, decision making and leadership works; knows how to get things done through formal and informal decision making channels.
- Attention to Detail: Consistently attends to the many small pieces which must be assembled into an organized whole; follows up on missing or out of balance items; resolves unanswered questions needed to address a problem; keeps the larger picture in mind while tending to the smallest of details.
- Technical Expertise: Acquires and demonstrates the technical skills required to proficiently execute the essential functions of the job; understands which skills are lacking and seeks to develop those skills; continually works toward the mastery of technical proficiency.
- Trust: Is widely trusted to keep confidences, admit errors, and adhere to a transparent set of personal and professional values, current with those of the organization.
- Communication: Strong creative and collaborative skills; ability to work with many diverse groups and volunteers Recognizes and resolves conflicts effectively, applying principles of active listening, collaboration, and equity.
- Event Support: Provides support for LREDA’s continental events; acts as onsite staff (Fall Conference, Professional Days), coordinates LREDA’s GA booth schedule, supports the work of the Board and planning teams onsite, collaborates with the Fall Conference Planning Team and with LREDA’s Conference Planner, and provides support for and attends LREDA’s in-person and online Board meetings as requested.
- Program Support: Provides support to LREDA’s committees, Chapters, scholarships, and programs.
- Excellent administrative and organization skills; with strong attention to detail
- Comfort and proficiency with computers and current technology, and a willingness to learn new platforms and tools
- Knowledge of LREDA’s place in the Unitarian Universalist landscape
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills; ability to work with many diverse groups and volunteers
- Ability to pack, ship, move, and unload several boxes of supplies, or arrange for same
- Numerate, able to use spreadsheets and manipulate data.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Google Suite and Aplos (preferred, not required)
- Able to uphold Unitarian Universalist values
- A commitment to anti racism and anti oppression work
- Experience in office management, church/congregational administration preferred
- Note that qualifications may be met as a result of lived experience, volunteer work, professional experience, and/or formal or informal training.
- We are committed to developing a diverse and talented staff team. If you are excited about this role, but unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply.
- Knowledge of Unitarian Universalism
Education and/or experience that provides experience or skills to accomplish the above requirements.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15th to be considered.