mountain desert district lreda chapter
Supporting religious educators in Montana, Wyoming,
Utah, Colorado, New Mexico
What is the MDD LREDA Chapter?
The MDD Chapter of LREDA is our district’s support for those who serve our congregations as religious educators. We are affiliated with the continental organization of LREDA.
Mission (revised March 2012)
Seeking to provide a guiding light for faith formation in our changing culture, MDD Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA) will intentionally:
- Be a learning community for religious professionals
- Support each other personally, professionally and spiritually
- Encourage authentic leadership with the goal of sustaining our work and empowering our members to be agents of change in our movement
Who can join?
All members of Continental LREDA living in Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico.
Once you've joined above you can pay your chapter dues here. Dues are $25 per year with an optional $5 donation to our Caring Fund.
If you'd like to pay by check, mail it to: Liberal Religious Educators Association, 284 Hartford Ave, #1002, Bellingham, MA, 02019.
Please make the check out to LREDA and write the name of the Religious Educator and MDD LREDA Dues in the memo section.
Note: To join a Chapter you must also be a member of LREDA.
Current Chair – Erin Kenworthy, Director of Religious Exploration at First Unitarian Society of Denver
Treasurer – Alana Rodriguez, Youth Programs Coordinator, First Unitarian Church, Albuquerque, NM
Secretary – Amanda Esko, Director of Religious Education, First Unitarian Church of Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City, UT
You can contact your Chapter leaders at firstname.lastname@example.org
When do we meet?
The MDD Chapter holds two general membership meetings each year.
- We gather as a chapter during the Continental LREDA Fall Conference in November
- We meet in person at our Spring Retreat in early March
- We host a monthly online Zoom forum called the Religious Educators Support Group (RPSG), which convenes on the first Thursday of the month at 10:00 am and the third Thursday of the month at 7:00 pm. All times are Mountain Time zone. Join us to explore challenges and discuss best practices in religious education.
- Other meetings occur throughout the year as needed.
Zoom Meeting ID: 965 7628 8968
Join us on Facebook!
What does the MDD Chapter offer you?
Being a Liberal Religious Educator is a unique role, with an incredibly wide variety of tasks, challenges and joys. Becoming a member gives you:
- Collegial networking and support
- Sharing of resources, inspiration, encouragement, ideas
- Planning for future meetings, retreats and furthering education and leadership opportunities
- Our Spring retreat focuses on the above as well as time and space for personal renewal and worship together
We also have LREDA Members who serve as Good Officers to support you when professional issues arise. While you may choose to contact any good officer listed on the Continental LREDA website, the Good Officer representing our District is DeAnna Hoyle. For more information about the Good Officers program, click here.
Members of the Mountain Desert District Chapter may request funds for professional development, seed money for programs and events that support ministry to children family & youth, and other professional or congregational support. The MDD LREDA officers will evaluate each request.
Use this FORM to claim Chapter expenses for reimbursement. Once completed email it to the Chapter Treasurer / President for approval.